These delicious pancakes are gluten free, sugar free and oh-so-delicious! Please check out the original recipe by Sarah Wilson’s I Quit Sugar team.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons granulated stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup gluten free plain flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour.
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 40 g butter, melted + extra to fry.
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries.
- 100 g ricotta
- 2 teaspoons rice malt syrup (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine the baking powder, soda, stevia, turmeric and flours.
2. In a seperate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, vanilla, egg and melted butter.
- 3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir well until just combined. Add in the blueberries and stir through gently. Be careful when using frozen blueberries as the colour can ‘run’ turning your pancake closer to green than yellow!
4. Heat a little butter in a large frying pan on medium heat and swirl to coat. Add in 1/4 cup of mixture into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles start to form. Flip and cook on the other side for a couple of minutes or until cooked through. Repeat with the remainder of the batter. This should yield about 12 medium pancakes.
5. Serve pancakes with fresh ricotta, blueberries and a drizzle of rice malt syrup.